Wednesday, 29 July 2015

A Good Sort of Man!

My husband is a good sort and does his best to do the right thing.  We went away for the weekend and I stayed on an extra few days. I gave him a bag of washing to take home and hadn’t expected him to wash it.

Arriving home I noticed the radiators full of washing – even though it is summer and they are not on. I also noticed the white pillow-cases were blue. The clothes maiden was also full – of creased clothes. It looked like he had thrown them on and some were stacked on top of each other. My tea-towels were also a pale blue instead of white.

The bedroom curtains were closed, even though it was mid afternoon and the kitchen, well the kitchen was full of breadcrumbs. He’d obviously made his sandwiches for work and didn’t clear up. Unwashed cups lay in the sink and last nights tea has turned to a crust on the plate.

The bathroom had lines of toothpaste on the tap and blobs in the sink. The tops had streaks of white tide-marks and I won’t even mention the toilet.


Later he said, “I did the washing?” I just smiled and said, “So I saw!”


2 comments:

  1. Mine can at least hang it out on the line albeit the wrong way up, but to trust him with the washing machine - no way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanging on the line is a whole new story in itself. He's not a clue!

      Delete